Lost Archie makes tracks for home

Hi there... Want to say hello to us .. or have anything else you just want to say .. feel free!

Moderators: .Web Crew, JoKeRs Officers

Lost Archie makes tracks for home

Postby Debillus » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:34 am

The Australian reports:

August 29, 2005

LONDON: When Archie the black labrador lost his owner on a lonely Scottish station, he proved his well-trained pedigree and jumped aboard the first train headed for home.
Not only did the dog catch the right train, he got off at the right station, The Mail on Sunday newspaper said yesterday.

Owner Mike Taitt lost sight of Archie at Inverurie station, near Aberdeen in eastern Scotland, and was hoping someone would spot his tag and return the much-loved mutt. "He is a very intelligent dog," Mr Taitt said.

"When he could not find me, he simply took the right train home. He's been on that train before. I am convinced he knew it was the right one. But who knows?"

Closed-circuit television footage shows the dog waiting for his master at the station before watching the Aberdeen to Inverness train pull in.

Unable to find his owner, the black labrador decided to avoid a long walk home by catching the 8.38pm service. He got out at the right stop, Insch, 12 minutes along the line, to the bemusement of signalman Derek Hope.

"There was a train conductor standing with Archie on the platform saying he had got on at Inverurie but didn't have a ticket," Mr Hope said.

Two police forces, the national rail operating system and the local train service have logged the incident.

AFP

Last edited by Debillus on Fri May 14, 2010 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debillus
Extreme Poster!

Postby Cirkeline » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:09 am

aaawwwww

me loves dogs

/cirkeline
Cirkeline
Panic Evacs'R'Us

Postby Flobdeth » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:46 pm

that muppet was a train spotter, uses trains all the time with the dog and all the drivers knew the dog apparentely. Was all over local radio here :/ not far from me. Dogs got more sense than his trainspotting owner :-x
Flobdeth
> Tonedeth

Return to Say Hello!