Expected Downtime Incoming

This forum contain public news and information about JoKeRs WilD.

Moderator: .Web Crew

Postby Debillus » Tue May 01, 2007 11:30 pm

Moving from one flat to another means moving my internet hookup as well. Tomorrow they start messing with the cables, and the uplink to this server is probably going to be lost. Until I get the server moved / it starts working, The Jokers site will be down.

3/5/07 Update 2: I managed to find an ISP that offers wireless net hookup at a ridiculus price and even more ridiculus bandwith, add to that the minimum subscription period is 6 months, so I'll be having happy reminders of this move for quite a while. Anyways, I now have net at my new flat which means that I can arrange for the final servermove, hopefully without glithces. Until my regular ISP get their act together, the server will be sitting in my old flat and should, hence, operate as normal.

3/5/07 Update :<b></b><i></i> No news yet. Still trying to get a temporary hookup sorted but have no idea on how soon that will happen so until further notice everything seems to be stable.

2/5/07 Update : The fucktards at my ISP managed to fubar my order even though I called them like 10 times over the last two months to ensure that this would be a swift operation. Good news, server may not go down today. Bad news, it will go down later, and possibly for a longer time on a temporary hookup, while DNS servers replicate to the new ip address, and then again when they swap back from the temporary connection to the old ip address. DNS replication usualy happens within 24-48 hours, so everything in between that timeframe is to be expected.

I will update as stuff happens.
Debillus
Extreme Poster!

Return to JoKeRs Wild News and Public Information