Roskilde Festival 2009 (slightly off-topic)

This is where you post news messages for the main page.

Moderators: Quanth, .Web Crew, JoKeRs Officers

Roskilde Festival 2009 (slightly off-topic)

Postby SysOp » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:55 am

So, again ... I'm abusing my privs as an admin using this section to promote my favorite week of the year :

<center>Roskilde Festival 2009
June 28th (warmup) over July 2nd to July 5th.

Front row at the Judas Priest gig in 2008 ..
Breaking the law, breaking the law ..
</center>

Again this year, the festival has put together an incredible list of performers making the ticket fee look like a joke compared to the amount of full blown, stadium style concert experience you get from this Europe's largest festival. And that's not even mentioning the full week of euphoria being part of the crowd of approximately 70.000 young people partying, celebrating and enjoying what is also one of the world's least violent and safe festivals.
<i></i>
If you live in Europe there really is no excuse to stay away unless you're in jail or head of government somewhere, or both. If you're from over there, or even down under the travel obviously becomes a factor. But if you'd actually give this a second thought, you might just find yourself able to cut down the expenses quite a bit. Being part of one of the volunteer organizations that help out securing the camping areas, i am able to extend an offer here to let you earn your keep fairly easily that will provide you with a free ticket for the entire festival. All you'd have to do is to get to Denmark and back, bringing a tent and a sleeping bag and whatever financial support you need to keep yourself fed and/or drunk =)

Here's what Pitchfork Media wrote about the festival this week :

Pitchfork Media wrote:... Nothing on this side of the Atlantic, however, can really compete with Denmark's annual Roskilde Festival. Last year, the show managed to find room for Radiohead and Jay-Z and Neil Young and Judas Priest and My Bloody Valentine. And this year's festival looks to be just as insane. The show, which goes down July 2-5, will feature Coldplay, Kanye West, Oasis, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Nine Inch Nails, Lil Wayne, Fleet Foxes, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Pet Shop Boys, Grace Jones, Fucked Up, Major Lazer, Fever Ray, Ida Maria, Gang Gang Dance, M. Ward, Amadou & Mariam, and about a million others... Read it all

If you are interested or just want to know more about this, then head over to http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/uk/and see the line-up in detail. If you're still around after that, go visit us at http://www.standbyholdet.dk where you can put in an application for a service gig with Standbyholdet and earn your free ticket. Most of the site is in danish, but there's English translations of the important stuff, english forums to put questions and chit chat in and of course an english version of the application processing system (which some of you may have seen something like somewhere else, before :roll: )

Thanks for listening to me.. I'll put the on-topic hat back on now, and probably won't loose it again for another year or so =)
Last edited by SysOp on Fri May 14, 2010 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶.
SysOp
Web Crew

Postby Freddo » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:42 am

Lots of Great Acts! I'm gonna start selling Lori on going as we have already committed to a July vacation!!

We just saw NIN in December and I know this is probably their last tour. Please don't miss Social Distortion... they are the soundtrack for my Southern California youth... I've never seen Nick Cave live and would like a chance to...

http://www.spin.com/articles/kanye-west ... oo-debacle
Only bad thing on the bill is Kanye West... he fucked up the Bonaroo festival last year and he will fuck up Roskilde...
Freddo
> Tage

Postby SysOp » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:34 am

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶.
SysOp
Web Crew

Return to News messages